Explore the vibrant culture of Sri Lanka in the East Coast tour designed to showcasethe untouched beauty that is Sri Lanka.
You will have an opportunity to visit ancient cities and behold breathtaking relics such as Dambulla, Sigiriya, Natural Harbor, sacred Buddhist temples, Kovils, Beaches and observe traditional Sri Lankan entertainment.
You will also discover the core values of Sri Lanka through learning about its historical origins and key landmarks.
Place a booking for the East Coast tour through Booking Ceylon.com and we will take you on an unforgettable adventure through the marvel that is beautiful Sri Lanka.
• On arrival, you will be meet by our English speaking guide at the Katunayaka International Airport lobby.
• Then you will proceed to the Hotel in Negambo.
• Stop 1: Relax before starting a long journey across the country.
• Dinner & overnight stay at Negambo
• Stop 1: After Breakfast proceeds to Dambulla “Cave Temple”.
Dambulla “Cave Temple
Go on a historical expedition to explore one of the most ancient cave temples in Sri Lanka that has a history that runs back to 1st century BC and take a deeper look into the vibrancies of the Buddhist culture of the island. Located in Dambulla, golden cave temples are one of the most famous attractions and Buddhist temples that attract tourists and locals alike in hundreds every day.
Nestled on a rock, the temple presents you stunning views of the surrounding landscapes as it invites you to the wind up in the peaceful ambiance of the place disconnecting from the bustling city life. With hundreds of Buddha statues and beautiful wall murals, a temple is indeed a must-visit place in Sri Lanka if you are visiting the cultural triangle.
• Dinner & overnight stay at Nilaveli Beach.
• Breakfast at the hotel.
Spend the day at leisure or
• Additional Activities can be added- Boat ride to Pigeon Island National Park (depending upon the sea condition), Excursion on the Lagoon boat ride.
• Dinner & overnight stay at Nilaveli Beach.
• Stop 1: After Breakfast proceed to visit Eastern City Trincomalee
If you are a beach lover who seeks pristine beaches with crystal clear waters, you can’t afford to miss Trincomalee located on the northeast coast of Sri Lanka Trincomalee is known for its beaches as well as for its seaport. Being a natural harbor which was very important since the colonial era, the city comprised natural beauty and historical and cultural glamour adding a bit of everything to your experience in Trincomalee.
Visits in Trincomalee:
Your visit to Trincomalee is not complete if you don’t explore the most iconic Hindu kovil of the area – Thirukoneshwaramtemple. Built on swami rock overlooking the Indian ocean, the temple is a sacred place for Hindus and will unfold the essence of the Hindu culture of the area during your tour to the place. With gigantic statues of Lord Siva and rich south Indian architectural elements, the place leaves travelers in awe. The kovil dedicated to Lord Shiva is indeed one of the must-visit places in Trincomalee.
• The Fort Frederick
This local fortress was initially built in 1623 by the Portuguese. Several years later it was rebuilt by Dutch settlers before being recolonized by the British in 1728. Fort Frederick is currently occupied by the Sri Lanka military. However, It is a great tourist destination that provides stunning views of other colonial buildings, historic temples, and local wildlife.
• The World War II Cemetery
Located just north of Trinco town is what is arguably known as the largest British cemetery in Sri Lanka, the World War II cemetery. Despite a Japanese air raid on Trinco back in 1942 and its age, the cemetery is in pristine condition, making it a great place to see many historical World War II documents and artifacts.
• Pass by the Harbour
TrincomaleeHarbour is the seaport in Trincomalee Bay and is the largest natural harbor situated on the north-east coast of Sri Lanka.
• Optional * Visit to Polonnaruwa ancient city
Travel back in time exploring the ruins of a once dazzled kingdom-the sacred city of Polonnaruwa. Located in Northcentral province is a historical city, the second capital of Sri Lanka that has flourished during the period of 017 A.D. to 1235 A.D. With well-preserved ruins scattered around the city, Polonnaruwa is an ideal destination that will make history buffs won’t want to leave.
Even if you are not a history lover Polonnaruwa has much more in the store to ensure you an unforgettable expedition. From lush paddy fields, ocean-like man-made reservoirs to beautiful landscapes Polonnaruwa will add unique moments to your holiday in Sri Lanka. The statue of King Parakramabahu I, Royal Palace of King Parakramabahu I and vantage are some of the must-visit attractions in Polonnaruwa.
Dinner & overnight stay at Habarana.
• Stop 1: After Breakfast proceeds to Sigiriya “Lion Rock”.
Sigiriya “Lion Rock”
Witness the wonder of lion rock fortress in Sri Lanka, immersing you in the beauty of the surrounding scenery. Located in the cultural triangle, the fortress is on a 660 feet tall column of rock leaving modern-day engineers speechless. Take the narrow stairs to the top and witness the breathtaking scenery of the summit. Along the way to the top uncover the mind-blowing constructions and the irrigation network of the place that will paint a clear picture of the luxuriousness of the palace back in the days.
With water parks, fountains, water gardens, water pools, remnants of a palace the architectural brilliance of the place will blow your mind. Don’t forget to learn the interesting story behind the mirror wall and the Sigiriya frescoes to get the complete experience of Sigiriya.
• Additional Activities can be added- Village Tour.
• Dinner & overnight stay at Habarana
• Breakfast at the hotel.
Spend the day at leisure
• Additional Activities can be added- Visit to Kaudulla / Minneriya National Park
The safari at Minneriya National Park will offer an amazing opportunity to explore the thick wilderness as you search the jungle for wildlife. Sri Lanka boasts 22 national parks such as Yala, Wipattu, Minneriya, Udawalawe and Kaudulla. You won’t disappointed by the native wildlife as these parks are filled with an abundance of fauna such as elephants, leopards, deer moose, jackals, wild boars, fishing cats, birds, snakes and much much more! An encounter with such beautiful creatures on your safari will leave you with goose bumps!
• Dinner & overnight stay at Habarana
• After breakfast proceeds to the Airport for your Departure flight.
● 4/5 Star class Hotels on Half board basis. All accommodation facilities supplied are approved by SLTDA.
(If requested by the client hotels can be provided as preferred and on his choice or the above hotels on Full board basis)
● City tours & Sightseeing.
● Travel insurance with private air-conditioned vehicles from as per the above itinerary.
● An English speaking guide.
● Fuel charges, Parking fees, and highway toll fees.
● Driver/Guide meals and accommodation.
● Personal assistance and responsibility from arrival to departure (24hrs).
● All government taxes and service charges during the tour.
● Entry tickets included in the tour itinerary.
● All services provided by the company will comply with COVID Safety guidelines provided by the Sri Lankan Government.
● Our vehicles will be equipped with WHO-approved Hand sanitizers and other sanitizing products and we guarantee about the cleanliness of our vehicles.
● We, Will, provide all tourists a gift pack with a personal SIM card including a data bundle, two 100ml hand sanitizers, and a new bath towel for personal use and two 500ml bottles of drinking water per day, on a complimentary basis.
• Visa Charges.
• Personal Insurance.
• Airport taxes.
• All personal expenses including personal PCR and other medical tests.
• Tips and Porter charges.
• All other services, minibar & meals if not mentioned above.
● It is important that you follow all the safety guidelines of the government of Sri Lanka implemented to prevent the COVID-19 outbreak. (Please ensure to read more about it carefully with this link.)
● The Guide, Driver or the Assistant who accompany you will wear face mask and gloves and possess a PCR tested report taken recently.
● When entering sacred premises such as a Buddhist temple, it is vital that you are dressed appropriately or you will not be permitted to enter the venue. Please ensure your skirt/shorts are no shorter than knee length and your shoulders are covered.
It is important that you respect the rules and traditions that are observed in Sri Lanka during your stay.
● Additional services and excursions may be provided for an additional charge. Please enquire for more details.
● Visits to wildlife parks will be at client’s own risk.
● Safari vehicles (none air-conditioned) available are very basic with basic insurance cover (not comprehensive as in the case of vehicles used for tours).
● The general check-in time at most hotels is at 01:00 pm & check-out time is at 10.30 am (this may vary and you will be informed accordingly)
Once you have chosen one of our tours, please send us an inquiry with the requested details via our site or contact one of our representatives in Sri Lanka, Australia, Norway or Oman via telephone. For the moment due to the prevailing situation, customizing your trip will be difficult and we advise you to stick with our tailor-made tours for your own safety. However our travel experts will be more than happy to adjust the tour itinerary and add or remove activities of it to fulfill your needs. Once the itinerary is finalized, the booking process will commence.
We require a 65% Advance deposit prior to 18days of arrival, in order to place a formal booking. On receipt of the deposit, our team will commence booking your hotels and vehicles. Within 5days of your advance payment we will send your hotel confirmations, ticketing details, Driver/guide, and Vehicle details along with other required details via our official reservation mail – firstname.lastname@example.org for you to get an online visa.
The remaining balance of 35% will be due upon arrival.
Please refer to the terms & conditions for our cancellation and refund policies.
Please make sure to send us a copy of your PCR test report along with the Visa documents prior to 7days of your arrival to avoid any last-minute changes.
As Sri Lanka has a tropical climate and high humidity, we suggest that you wear thin cotton clothing during your stay. However, we suggest you pack some warmer clothing if your tour includes a visit to Kandy, NuwaraEliya&Ella as these areas have a cooler climate.
Please ensure you bring the following:
● Effective mosquito repellent (Tropical Strength)
● Sunscreen (SPF 30+)
● Sanitary Napkins/ Tampons (for ladies) – as they are nearly impossible to find outside of Colombo.
● Universal power adapter
● Medications (if necessary)
● Medical Prescriptions (for use in case of an emergency)
● Especially Face Masks, Hand Sanitizers and other medical essentials for COVID-19.