Explore the vibrant culture of Sri Lanka in the Ancient Ceylon tour designed to showcase the untouched beauty that is Sri Lanka.
You will have an opportunity to visit ancient cities and behold breathtaking relics such as Polonnaruwa, Sigiriya, ocean-like reservoirs, sacred Buddhist temples, Kovils and observe traditional Sri Lankan entertainment.
You will also discover the core values of Sri Lanka through learning about its historical origins and key landmarks.
Place a booking for the Ancient Ceylon tour through Booking Ceylon.com and we will take you on an unforgettable adventure through the marvel that is beautiful Sri Lanka.
• On arrival you will be meet by our English speaking guide at the Katunayaka International Airport lobby.
• Then you will proceed to Negambo hotel.(Aprox. 20min / 15 Km)
• Dinner & overnight stay at Negambo.
• After Breakfast proceed to Habarana.
• Stop 1: On the way visit to Dambulla Rock cave Temple.
Dambulla Rock cave Temple.
The Dambulla Rock cave Temple located at Dambulla where you will embark on a historical expedition to explore one of the most ancient cave temples in Sri Lanka. This temple dates back to the 1st century (BC) and it displays the vibrancy of Buddhist culture. Located in Dambulla, the golden cave temple is a popular landmark attracting hundreds of tourists and locals alike each day.
• Dinner & overnight stay at Habarana.
• Stop 1: After Breakfast proceeds to Polonnaruwa ancient city.
Polonnaruwa ancient city.
Travel back in time to explore the ruins of a once dazzled kingdom, the sacred city of Polonnaruwa. Located in North central province, it is the second capital of Sri Lanka which flourished between 17 A.D. to 1235 A.D. With well-preserved ruins scattered around the city, Polonnaruwa is an ideal destination that will make history buffs never want to leave.
You don’t need to be a history lover to enjoy all that Polonnaruwa has to offer. You will see lush paddy fields, gorgeous man-made reservoirs and beautiful landscapes that will add unique moments to your holiday in Sri Lanka. The statue of King Parakramabahu I, Royal Palace of King Parakramabahu I and vatadage are some of the must-see attractions in Polonnaruwa.
• Stop 2: Thereafter visit to Minneriya / Kaudulla National Park.
Minneriya / Kaudulla National Park.
Minneriya is a sanctuary for elephants and spreading over 8800 hectares. During the dry season of August to September each year, herds up to 200 elephants are seen within a few square kilometers of the vast Minneriya Reservoir. This Elephant Gathering is a thrilling spectacle that would be remembered for rest of the life of all those who were fortunate enough to witness it. 24 species of mammals and over 170 species of birds have been recorded here and out Of the 25 species of reptiles recorded in the park 8 are endemic.
• Dinner & overnight stay at Habarana.
• Stop 1: After Breakfast Proceed to Sigiriya Lion Rock.
Sigiriya Lion Rock.
Witness the wonder of the lion rock fortress where you will immerse yourself in the beauty of the surrounding scenery. Located in the cultural triangle, the fortress is on a 660 foot tall column of rock leaving modern-day engineers speechless. Enjoy an easy Trek up the narrow rock stairs to the top of the fortress where you will witness breathtaking scenery. Along the way to the top, you will uncover the mind-blowing constructions and the irrigation network that will paint a clear picture of the luxuriousness of the palace back in the day.
The architectural brilliance of the Sigiriya will blow your mind, as you take in the breathtaking water parks, fountains, water gardens and water pools. Also, don’t forget to learn the interesting story behind the mirror wall and the Sigiriya frescoes to get the complete experience of Sigiriya.
• Leave Sigiriya and drive to Kandy.
• Stop 2: In the evening you will attend a Sri Lankan cultural show.
• Dinner & overnight stay at Kandy.
• Stop 1: After Breakfast visit to Sacred Tooth Relic Temple in Kandy.
Sacred Tooth Relic Temple
The Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic is a UNESCO World Heritage Site which was built in the 16th century as a place of veneration and protection for Lord Buddha’s sacred tooth. You will have a chance to walk through the beautifully embellished passageways and elaborately halls painted in shades of red, cream and black. Lounge against delicately carved pillars and be amazed by the beautiful golden statues. We have no doubt that you will want to embrace the wonders of Sri Lankan art and history.
• Stop 2: The Royal Botanical garden located at Peradeniya.
The Royal Botanical garden
Discover the beauty of the tropical fauna life and immerse yourself in the tropical bliss of the island. With an abundance of botanical gardens scattered around the island, you will be guaranteed an amazing opportunity to experience the natural beauty of Sri Lanka.
Take a walk through the colorful flowerbeds whilst enjoying the natural fragrances and the sun’s mellow rays. Behold the lush rose bushes, large collections of orchids and other rare plants whilst enjoying some peace and quiet. Further, the vibrant landscaped arches, walkways and mammoth trees will leave you in awe! You will enjoy your time at The Royal Botanical gardens as it offers a rare opportunity to disconnect from the hustle and bustle of the city.
• Dinner & overnight stay at Kandy.
• After breakfast proceed to Negambo.
• Dinner & overnight stay at Kandy
• After breakfast proceed to the Airport for your Departure flight.
● 4/5 Star class Hotels on Half board basis. All accommodation facilities supplied are approved by SLTDA.
(If requested by the client hotels can be provided as preferred and on his choice or the above hotels on Full board basis)
● City tours & Sightseeing.
● Travel insurance with private air-conditioned vehicles from as per the above itinerary.
● An English speaking guide.
● Fuel charges, Parking fees, and highway toll fees.
● Driver/Guide meals and accommodation.
● Personal assistance and responsibility from arrival to departure (24hrs).
● All government taxes and service charges during the tour.
● Entry tickets included in the tour itinerary.
● All services provided by the company will comply with COVID Safety guidelines provided by the Sri Lankan Government.
● Our vehicles will be equipped with WHO-approved Hand sanitizers and other sanitizing products and we guarantee about the cleanliness of our vehicles.
● We, Will, provide all tourists a gift pack with a personal SIM card including a data bundle, two 100ml hand sanitizers, and a new bath towel for personal use and two 500ml bottles of drinking water per day, on a complimentary basis.
• Visa Charges.
• Personal Insurance.
• Airport taxes.
• All personal expenses including personal PCR and other medical tests.
• Tips and Porter charges.
• All other services, minibar & meals if not mentioned above.
● It is important that you follow all the safety guidelines of the government of Sri Lanka implemented to prevent the COVID-19 outbreak. (Please ensure to read more about it carefully with this link.)
● The Guide, Driver or the Assistant who accompany you will wear face mask and gloves and possess a PCR tested report taken recently.
● When entering sacred premises such as a Buddhist temple, it is vital that you are dressed appropriately or you will not be permitted to enter the venue. Please ensure your skirt/shorts are no shorter than knee length and your shoulders are covered.
It is important that you respect the rules and traditions that are observed in Sri Lanka during your stay.
● Additional services and excursions may be provided for an additional charge. Please enquire for more details.
● Visits to wildlife parks will be at client’s own risk.
● Safari vehicles (none air-conditioned) available are very basic with basic insurance cover (not comprehensive as in the case of vehicles used for tours).
● The general check-in time at most hotels is at 01:00 pm & check-out time is at 10.30 am (this may vary and you will be informed accordingly)
Once you have chosen one of our tours, please send us an inquiry with the requested details via our site or contact one of our representatives in Sri Lanka, Australia, Norway or Oman via telephone. For the moment due to the prevailing situation, customizing your trip will be difficult and we advise you to stick with our tailor-made tours for your own safety. However our travel experts will be more than happy to adjust the tour itinerary and add or remove activities of it to fulfill your needs. Once the itinerary is finalized, the booking process will commence.
We require a 65% Advance deposit prior to 18days of arrival, in order to place a formal booking. On receipt of the deposit, our team will commence booking your hotels and vehicles. Within 5days of your advance payment we will send your hotel confirmations, ticketing details, Driver/guide, and Vehicle details along with other required details via our official reservation mail – email@example.com for you to get an online visa.
The remaining balance of 35% will be due upon arrival.
Please refer to the terms & conditions for our cancellation and refund policies.
Please make sure to send us a copy of your PCR test report along with the Visa documents prior to 7days of your arrival to avoid any last-minute changes.
As Sri Lanka has a tropical climate and high humidity, we suggest that you wear thin cotton clothing during your stay. However, we suggest you pack some warmer clothing if your tour includes a visit to Kandy, NuwaraEliya&Ella as these areas have a cooler climate.
Please ensure you bring the following:
● Effective mosquito repellent (Tropical Strength)
● Sunscreen (SPF 30+)
● Sanitary Napkins/ Tampons (for ladies) – as they are nearly impossible to find outside of Colombo.
● Universal power adapter
● Medications (if necessary)
● Medical Prescriptions (for use in case of an emergency)
● Especially Face Masks, Hand Sanitizers and other medical essentials for COVID-19.